Pages

28 December 2010

Safari

Well, the lack of blog posts does not mean the lack of activity in my life. Things have picked up pace and I feel like I am living at typical American pace instead of Ugandan pace.

First off, I went on Safari. It was a blast! After a very long, and somewhat bumpy 6 hour drive, we arrived at Murchison falls in Northern Uganda. To a short hike and a view of this:



Afterward, we continued along our bumpy way to the base camp where we were promply greeted by these warthogs:


The next day, we were up and ready to go and saw the sun rise over the nile.


While impressive, the animals soon took priority as we saw these fellows:



And this guy:


And this one:




And nearly got attacked by this:



Back to base camp where we enjoyed a long lunch break. Only to be whisked away to the boat tour down the nile. Where I saw many crocodiles:



And Hippos:


And birds:



The finale was this:


The next day, we drove back to Kampala. However, we had to make a stop at the Rhino park. I was 10 feet away from this gal:



While waiting around for these crazy animals to do anything, I took time to capture the finer details of Uganda. Dew:


And that my friends, was the adventure of my Ugandan Safari.

1 comment:

  1. You have had more amazing experiences in your short years than anyone I know! That looks like a most beautiful day, Emily. You have to make up a Shutterfly book with all those pictures.

    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete